In preparation for Anzac Day, I have been doing a little bit extra research on some family that were in WW1.
I have two brothers who were both killed in action. George Francis McGuire died in 1916 and James John McGuire died in 1918. I will write a separate post about them over the weekend.
Whilst looking through my data I discovered, that even though technically they are not ‘cousins’ other family connections tie us together.
- My mother’s paternal Grandfather was Alfred Baker. His sister Susan married David George Guest in 1890 at Boggabri.
- David’s sister Laura Richmond Guest married George Richard McGinnity in 1891 at Narrabri
- George’s sister Emma Ann McGinnity married Thomas Joseph McGuire in 1874 at Narrabri and they were the parents of George & James, the two who died during the war.
- Thomas’s brother Francis McGuire married Maryann Margaret Dilworth in 1888.
- Maryann was the sister of my mother’s maternal grandfather Charles Patrick Dilworth
- Maryann & Charles’s mother was Mary Quirk, and I also noticed that the mother of Thomas Joseph McGuire was a Catherine Quirk – so I wonder was Catherine Quirk related to Mary? Some research on Catherine will need to be done to see what I can find.
|Paternal Side||Relation||Maternal Side||Relation|
|Alfred Baker||Grandfather||Charles Patrick Dilworth||Grandfather|
|Susan Baker||Great Aunt||Maryann Dilworth||Great Aunt|
|David George Guest||Husband of Great Aunt Susan Baker||Francis McGuire||Husband of Great Aunt Maryann Dilworth|
|Laura Guest||Sister of David Guest|
|George McGinnity||Husband of Laura Guest|
|Emma McGinnity||Sister of George McGinnity||Thomas McGuire||Brother to Francis McGuire|
|George Francis McGuire(1891-1916)||John James McGuire (1877-1918)|