Since my last update a few weeks ago, I haven’t spent a lot of time doing any research, as I have been extremely busy with my day job and will continue to be over the next month or so, so won’t have time to blog or do much research. Though in saying that I have completed or started to do the following since my last update.
- Sent an email two weeks ago to the Suffolk Records Office, to enquire about purchasing the parish registers for Boxford so that I can start some research on my One Place Study. Unfortunately, I’m yet to receive a reply from them.
- Started to extract all marriages that occurred in Boxford Suffolk from the ” Allegations for Marriage Licences, from the Archdeaconry of Sudbury, Suffolk, 1684-1839″ which I obtained from English Parish Registers and all those noted as being from Boxford but married elsewhere in Suffolk for my OPS.
- Spent some time searching the UK census records and marriage records for Sarah Baker (nee King) and her daughter Sarah Baker (baptised in 1834 at Boxford), as well as again trying to find William George Baker in the census but once again to no avail.
- Received an ancestor approved award from Pauleen at Familys Across the Sea’s which was great but I will deal with in another post at some point.
- Found an entry on the NSW Australia Gaol Description & Entrance Books 1818-1930 for a John Shoulder and the information found matches back to the convict listed as ‘ John Showler’, who arrived on the Countess of Harcourt in 1828. I still need to take a trip to the NSW State Records office at Kingswood to look at some original records but I am now begining to believe this John Showler/John Shoulder was my GGG Grandfather. Click here to view my previous post on John
My Next post will be next Wendesday 26th January, Australia Day