1. My Entire book & software collection – all Genealogy, Family History & Australian History related – http://baker1865.wordpress.com/resources/
2. Legacy Family Tree – Deluxe Edition – it has all of my research and data
3. NSW State Records office: both at Kingswood and the online indexes
4. My PC: It’s the first thing I turn on every day. Will also include my External Hard drives here as they both have backups of all of my data.
5. The Internet: Without it, I wouldn’t be able to do some of my overseas research, especially on my Irish Connections and whilst on the subject of the ‘internet’, these are my top 3 sites that I use for my English & Irish research:
- Find My Past – www.findmypast.co.uk – the first stop to search for your UK ancestors, especially from Australia (and probably only stop).
- FamilySearch – http://www.familysearch.org/
- RootsIreland – http://www.rootsireland.ie/
6. Genealogy Blogs: I love the idea of blogging and am enjoying reading other people’s blogs.
7. My Netbook: I use this to take with me to the library or State Records, so that I can review information and record anything I find.
8. Every one of my birth, death and marriage certificates I have obtained over the years which has helped (or hindered) my research.
9. Trove – one search – a wealth of information – especially the Australian Newspapers 1803-1954 section. It’s been great finding different newspaper articles on my ancestors.
10. My Job – cause without it, I wouldn’t be able to fund all of my research…(though I wouldn’t mind not having it)…
What are your 10 things genealogy related that you can’t live without?